We are halfway through our "Caring Sisters" (a.k.a. Secret Sisters) program! Just a reminder that the objective is to encourage your sister by letting her know that you are praying for her and by occasionally giving notes or small gifts of encouragement.
What to do:
- Once a month in April, May, and June, you will be contacting your sister by anonymously leaving her a card, note, or small gift on the shelf. Try to do this before the end of each month. (Sooner is better). Please place these items in the correct alphabetized location on the shelf.
- Pray for your sister's prayer requests. Pray also for your sister.
- Let your sister know that you are thinking about and praying for her every two weeks (more or less) by continuing to leave her cars, notes, or small gifts on the shelf. Reference her likes and dislikes on the form for gift ideas or for something to write in a note to her.
- Check the shelf often for what your sister has left for you.
- Kee your sister's identity a secret; that is the fun of this!
- Here are some low budget ideas:
- Write out a prayer or a Bible erse and give it in a note.
- A hand crafter item, homemade item, or something you have at home.
- Small gift or store purchases.
Remember that this is a 3 month commitment ending on June 25! During this time, we will use email as our main communication tool to let you know what is happening with the program. (Subject will be: SGC Caring Sisters). In late June, we will have a Reveal Party and you will find out who your sister is.
If you have any questions or run into any problems, please see Mary Ann Kisic or Olivia VanHorn. If you have not heard from your sister by the end of april, please let us know.
We on the Women's Ministry Planning Team hope that you enjoy this program and that you are blessed by it!